Thursday, January 10, 2019

OpenMediaVault and NextCloud Day4-5

Day 4 continued...

Came home from work, and the File System seems to have been built,  some shared files created, and got some really good speeds going from my PC to the NAS...  I got about 80MB/sec write speeds with my 1.43GB test folder...

I've been following "Techno Dad Life"s videos on YouTube to learn about OMV/NAS installations...  This is the video I used....



Redid the MariaDB and the NextCloud installation... and went mostly without problems...however I missed the option to change from the default SQlite database to the MariaDB (at 10:52 of the video below)....    NextCloud was able to backup a 3GB folder off the SD card in my phone overnight over wifi...

This was the video I followed for the NextCloud installation....



Running a systems check on Nextcloud, it advises me to change the database from SQlite to MariaDB,  however, I don't know enough about how it all works together to get it done....  Nextcloud points me to this page for documentation... https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/14/admin_manual/configuration_database/db_conversion.html

I do not know where to enter these commands in... nor what they mean...

I fool around a bit in the docker webgui and delete the present nextcloud container and try redoing the installation,  but not worky....   I think I will try to delete the Maria DB and try again....

I did fiddle around a bit the CREATE USER;, DROP USER;  SHOW databases;

...so technically I did learn 3 things....
---
what I don't like right now, is that the saved photos aren't natively being seen by the SMB sharing in Windows...  this NAS was going to be my only copy of smartphone photos at home moving forward...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home